Rocket microgreens are a very fast growing green. They have a punchy flavour with a tangy, peppery taste. Add to any savory meal for a boost of nutrients, flavour and colour. Ready for harvest in approximately 7 days!
Use a grow light for even more efficient microgreen growing. Shop grow lights here.
Microgreens are young vegetable greens that are somewhere between sprouts and salad leaf vegetables. They have intense flavor with high nutrient content such as Vitamins K, A and C and Iron - in fact, they can provide up to 40 times as many nutrients as their fully-grown counterparts! Their high nutrient content and speedy harvest time make them a very sustainable food source.
How to grow your microgreens:
- Prepare your tray with drainage holes and fill with potting mix (make sure you are wearing a mask).
- Sprinkle your seed evenly but generously over the soil. You can sprinkle a little bit of soil over the seeds but I prefer not to.
- To assure germination and rapid growth, keep the seed tray moist but not drenched, using a spray bottle to do your watering is the best.
- Once they are approximately 5cm long, cut or pick them above the soil line, for most species this will be approximately 7 days after sowing.
- Add to a soup, salad or even your eggs and avo on toast to give that extra boost of nutrients and colour.
Size: 40g pack