The Niwaki GR Pro Snips are Japanese hand-forged snips for precise, lighter pruning.
These are hard wearing, heavy duty snips for careful, detailed pruning and other jobs in the garden where secateurs are too large and clumsy. Hand forged in Sanjo, from KA70 carbon steel, with a solid, chunky catch at the bottom and a robust spring.
Used in Japan for pine pruning and other intricate work - also great for dead heading.
It's very important to keep these snips clean!
- 205 x 52 x 21mm
- 62mm blades
- Max cut Ø5mm
- KA-70 Carbon steel
- Vinyl Grip handles
- Made in Sanjo, Japan
- Includes Spare Spring
Most of Niwaki's sharp tools are made from carbon steel - this means they will, through regular use, stain (and eventually rust) and gradually lose their edge. Read some helpful care tips below…
1. Correct Use:
- Japanese steel is hard and sharp, and can be more brittle than some people are used to - it will chip if abused
- Do not cut wire, metal, stone, plastic or any other hard material (even bamboo fibres and some very hard woods, especially knots and burrs, can damage steel edges)
- Do not twist or apply uneven pressure
- Cut diagonally across branches (not straight across) so you cut along the fibres
- Pay attention to our maximum cut dimensions, and don’t overdo it (shears are not loppers)
- Use the base of the blades, not the tips, for heavier cuts
2. Keeping Them Clean:
- Remove leaf resin, rust and gunk with a Crean Mate and water
- Dry, wipe over with Camellia oil and store in a dry place
- Camellia Oil
- Crean Mate
- Sharpen when needed
3. Keeping them Sharp:
- Sharpen Secateurs every couple of weeks
- Sharpen Shears and Topiary Clippers EVERY TIME you use them to see an amazing difference